[sane-devel] Disabling epson backend build

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Mon Sep 14 09:37:06 UTC 2015

Alessandro Zummo writes:

> On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 10:56:36 +0900
> Olaf Meeuwissen <paddy-hack at member.fsf.org> wrote:
>
>> A simpler way would be to tune the hard-coded lists of supported
>> scanners (in backend/epson_usb.c) and modify the *.desc files to follow
>> suit.  Oh, I see that both backends use the *same* file and that it is
>> generated by a script from epson2.desc these days.  That didn't look
>> right at all so I pushed pu/epson-epson2-usb-split.  Please have a look
>> and consider merging this.
>
>  Seems ok to me.
>
>  btw, if we move to github it would be much easier to handle merging
>  and applying patches.

The same goes for GitLab, but all you really have to do is add my clone
as a remote and you are all set to merge.  Not that much trouble, is it?

# I don't think that *now* is the time for infra-structure changes.

Hope this helps,
Support Free Software               Support the Free Software Foundation
https://my.fsf.org/donate                        https://my.fsf.org/join