[sane-devel] HPLIP / hpaio device not visible to saned net clients

Marc Hörsken info at marc-hoersken.de
Tue Sep 15 20:07:07 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble with my hpaio devices and the saned daemon. The daemon does not make the hpaio devices available to net client.

scanimage -L shows the following output as the saned user on the server:

device `net:localhost:test:0' is a Noname frontend-tester virtual device
device `net:localhost:test:1' is a Noname frontend-tester virtual device
device `test:0' is a Noname frontend-tester virtual device
device `test:1' is a Noname frontend-tester virtual device
device `hpaio:/net/Officejet_6700?ip=10.2.2.67' is a Hewlett-Packard Officejet_6700 all-in-one

The net: devices are for testing purposes, since I added localhost to net.conf
As you can see from this output, only the test devices are visible to net clients.

Any ideas? This seems to have happened while upgrading from Debian 7 to 8.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Marc