[sane-devel] Scan as PNG get "PNG support not compiled in".

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Sun Sep 20 11:39:21 UTC 2015

Hi Tony,

Tony writes:

> From the maillist, the PNG/JPG was supported now. I want to try scan as PNG file. but I met a trouble. I can scan it well as till/PGM.
>

> The top commit is:
> commit 87bfd53512029eab9a09578376953f3907001d01
> Author: m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com>
> Date:   Sat Sep 19 13:29:05 2015 -0400
>

>     Run autofoo for recent changes
>

> Scan command is:
> sudo scanimage --format=png > image.png
> PNG support not compiled in
>

> I tried install libpng-dev and rebuild it, but the problem has not been fixed yet. I can not find any keyword "PNG JPG" from ./configura -h.

Did you rerun `./configure` after you installed the PNG library
development package?  The following will rerun with the same options you
used the last time around:

  ./config.status --recheck

After that it's the usual, `make`, `sudo make install` and you should be
able to scan directly to PNG.

Hope this helps,
Support Free Software               Support the Free Software Foundation
https://my.fsf.org/donate                        https://my.fsf.org/join