[sane-devel] PIXMA MG7150 test

Kiligolo kiligolo_robobert at hotmail.fr
Mon Sep 21 19:37:37 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have a Canon PIXMA MG7150. It has an usb port but it's connected to my
computer via wifi.

The scanner is detected automatically and i can use scanimage -d pixma --
format=tiff > image.tiff.
However I usually scan with the scanner buttons and the tactile screen (I'm
not going to do 9000 two-way trips to scan a file) but the --button-
controlled option doesn't work (the scanner detects my computer but doesn't
start the scan) so I can't send the output directly to my computer.

The default resolution (75dpi) is too low for me to read the tiff image, so I
tested the other ones listed on the scanner screen (600, 300 and 150)  with
the --resolution option :
 - 150dpi doesn't work. The output file is corrupteed. scanimage output :
[bjnp] bjnp_recv_data: could not read response payload (select timed out):
Success!
[bjnp] bjnp_recv_data: could not read response payload (select timed out):
Success!
[bjnp] bjnp_write: ERROR: scanner data left = 0xee4 = 3812
[bjnp] bjnp_recv_header:ERROR, Received response has cmd code 235,
expected 33
[bjnp] Could not read response to command!
[bjnp] bjnp_write: ERROR: scanner data left = 0xee4 = 3812
[bjnp] bjnp_recv_header:ERROR, Received response has cmd code 241,
expected 33
[bjnp] Could not read response to command!
scanimage: sane_read: Error during device I/O

 - 300dpi works but it takes 5 minutes instead of 10 seconds
 - 600dpi doesn't work. The output file is cut (the lower part of the sheet is
missing). scanimage ouptut :