[sane-devel] Proposed Upgrade (pu) branches on GitLab

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Thu Sep 24 13:22:11 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Olaf Meeuwissen writes:

> m. allan noah writes:
>
>> On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 11:23 PM, Olaf Meeuwissen
>> <paddy-hack at member.fsf.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry about dropping the ball on the musl inb() outb() branch.  I had
>>> meant to commit configure.in but seem to have committed configure :-(
>>
>> Do you have a version which uses AC_* macros instead of what I did? I
>> think that would be cleaner.
>
> I just applied the patch that Luiz mentioned on the mailing list[1].
> Looking at that patch again I guess it'd be better to replace your stuff
> with what's in the patch.  I've put up a pu/fixup-inb-outb-changes
> branch to do just that[2].
>
>  [1] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/luizluca/openwrt-packages/e11fbf71f7f437c64d18929e7895dbaafa8c3293/utils/sane-backends/patches/020-inb_outb.patch
>  [2] https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/branches

In addition to the above, I just pushed pu/fix-new-compiler-warnings.
It fixes a few handfuls of new warnings (when compared against a log of
building 1.0.24 with the same settings).  It doesn't fix all of them as
I wasn't sure what to do with a number of the new warnings.

One, in sanei_ir.c, deserves some attention as it produces potentially
undefined behaviour.  It's really the same issue as reported in 311857,
which I recently reopened.

  ../../../sanei/sanei_ir.c:481:11: warning: multiple unsequenced modifications to 'outi' [-Wunsequenced]
     *outi++ = *outi++ >> is;

The two increments may occur in any given order, IIUC[3].

 [3] http://c-faq.com/expr/seqpoints.html

The rest are more benign: unused function arguments, self-assignments
(to work around unused argument warnings ;-), conversions between enums
that are not compatible and conditionals that are constant (because
SANE_FRAME_JPEG is not a member of the SANE_Frame enum range).

Anyway, please consider merging the pu/ branches at my GitLab clone.

Hope this helps,
Support Free Software               Support the Free Software Foundation
https://my.fsf.org/donate                        https://my.fsf.org/join