[sane-devel] Scanning script using SANE

Raman Gupta rocketraman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 17:32:02 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

For anyone who is interested I've published a scanning script I've
been using for a while with my ScanSnap S1500:

https://github.com/rocketraman/sane-scan-pdf

It's pretty "raw" -- there might be some environment-specific stuff in
there like my system username/group and so forth but it may help
others who are looking to do something similar. It is currently also
specific to the S1500 command line options but could easily be adapted
for other scanners.

It supports deskew via unpaper and creating searchable PDFs via
tesseract 3.03+, and it all works amazingly well!

Regards,
Raman