[sane-devel] Fixing sequencing issues (was Re: Proposed Upgrade (pu) branches on GitLab)

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Mon Sep 28 10:45:31 UTC 2015

m. allan noah writes:

> I think we are all on the same page here regarding clarity of code,
> and our concern over warnings. Long term, it would be great if sane
> were warning free- but that would require that code get maintainers,
> or get ejected. Given that some scanners we support have not been made
> in 20 years, I think some level of pruning would cause little harm to
> our users.
>
> But, for the immediate term, I would like to get some fixes in for
> these sequencing errors- anyone care to take a stab at that?

As mentioned in my reply to Johannes, I'll take a stab but please note
that whatever I come up with is a decent, educated guess.  Nothing more,
nothing less.

Hope this helps,
Support Free Software               Support the Free Software Foundation
https://my.fsf.org/donate                        https://my.fsf.org/join