[sane-devel] Fixing sequencing issues (was Re: Proposed Upgrade (pu) branches on GitLab)

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Mon Sep 28 12:19:27 UTC 2015

Olaf Meeuwissen writes:

> Johannes Meixner writes:
>
>> Hello,
>
> Hi Johannes,
>
>> On Sep 28 18:59 Olaf Meeuwissen wrote (excerpt):
>>> With the sequencing issues, we can only speculate at what
>>> the intended behaviour is, so we can't really fix things.
>>> That notwithstanding, I think we can make a decent, educated
>>> guess at a fix for both cases and make the warning go away :-|
>>
>> I don't know if the following sequencing bug was already found:
>
> Thanks for pointing out there are more.  I had only been looking a
> warnings introduced after 1.0.24 and 311857 (which you reported).
> I'll go over a pair of fresh gcc/clang build logs.

Looks like that was the only one left.  Only gcc warned about it.  A pu/
branch is at my GitLab clone[1].

# My build setup compiles *almost* everything.  I think I only skip the
# pint backend because I don't have <sys/scanio.h>.

 [1] https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/branches

Hope this helps,
Support Free Software               Support the Free Software Foundation
https://my.fsf.org/donate                        https://my.fsf.org/join