[sane-devel] Still not able to use Epson 4180 with SANE

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 21:55:53 UTC 2016

> On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 10:08:53AM -0600, Colin wrote:
>Hi sane-devels,
>
>I was hoping someone here could help out with my continuing issue of not
>being able to use my Espon 4180 with SANE.  The original issue with all
>the details is here:
>http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2016-March/034471.html
>
>I hadn't gotten any replies so thought I would re-ask.
>
>Thanks in advance.

SANE: Supported Devices
http://sane-project.meier-geinitz.de/sane-mfgs.html#Z-EPSON

--- Snip ---
Perfection 4180     USB     unsupported

Unsupported. Doesn't speak ESC/I.  Closely related to the GT-9400. It will be
supported by epkowa backeend in future.     unsupported
(2005-07-30)
--- Snip ---

Have you tried the Linux IScan?

Post number #8 at the following thread describes the procedures.

(This is why I purchased a Canon CanoScan 9000F MarkII scanner, having native
Linux Sane support, including working support with the infrared scanning.  No
funny closed source stuff, like iscan's proprietary stuff.)

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/