[sane-devel] (no subject)

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Thu Dec 15 10:49:18 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-12-12 at 20:42 -0500, juntjoo at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi it's me again.  Don't know if you gave up on me but I am trying
> again from the beginning.  I have scanned via USB and now am
> attempting to get it working over my wifi.

What kind of scanner? How do you want to run over wifi? Sane directly
over wifi to the scanner or using saned to the machine that has the
usb-connection to the scanner?

> On step two it says:
which instructions?

> Step 2: Tell SANE to run as a server (saned)
> systemd only
> Execute at a terminal:
> sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/saned.socket
> and input exactly:
> # Defaults for the saned initscript, from sane-utils
>
> # To enable under systemd please read README.Debian
> # Set to yes to start saned under SysV
> RUN=no

this looks suspicious. Should this not be a file in /etc/default? I am
not a Debian user (is this Debian?) Check the README.Debian as
instructed. This does not look like a normal systemd socket file...

You are probably mixing systemd and non-systemd instructions

/Louis