[sane-devel] I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 05:56:43 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 2:27 PM, Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay
<bkpsusmitaa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another input, Sir!
>
> Kindly inform the programmers that the Makefile makes installation
> files for all Printers of the Universe.

SANE is a scanner project, not a printer project (that would be
gutenprint or some other project).
/../
If you read the instructions, you will see that using configure with
BACKENDS=<list of backends to build> will create backends just for the
listed backends.
This might be useful to put in the readme, but people should also read
the general manual pages, the readme is not a substitute for them.

Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug