[sane-devel] I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 07:55:06 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 4:37 PM, Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay
<bkpsusmitaa at gmail.com> wrote:
> That is why I am voluntarily participating to make the driver of my
> printer approved by sane-devel. The driver of my scanner now exists,
> but is not yet tested.

My apologies, from your messages it was not clear to me that you had
written a driver.
In that case, what you want to do is integrate your driver in SANE backends?
However, there is already a driver for this scanner family (MG3600),
so how about if you test that instead first?
It is the pixma backend, so you can just compile that backend, and
test, reporting how especially the high-resolution scans work (above
600 dpi, do you get proper image, or if not, how it looks).
Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug