[sane-devel] I want to test the Sane backend for Canon Pixma MG3670 Multi-functional Scanner-Printer I have

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Sat Feb 13 08:51:59 UTC 2016

Hi Rolf, Rajib,

Rolf Bensch writes:

> Hi List,
>
> Who has an answer?

The configure.in file has but you need to dig in a bit.  Given Rajib's
configure command, the --enable-preload options defaults to "auto".  In
that case, preloading is only enabled when you disable dynamic loading
or disabled shared libraries.  The default is to build shared libraries
*and* enable dynamic loading so preloading will not be enabled.

Just run ./configure with the --enable-preload option if that's what you
really want.

> Cheers,
> Rolf
>
> Am 11.02.2016 um 10:45 schrieb Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay:
>> Sir,
>>
>> I am using the code:
>>  ./configure BACKENDS=pixma  PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS="pixma"
>>
>> But why isn't the preload backend is being built?
>>
>> Want to learn from this issue, Sir!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rajib
>>

>> -> The following backends will be built:
>> pixma
>>
>> -> The following preload backends will be built:

>> * Please be sure to read file PROBLEMS in this directory       *
>> * BEFORE running any of the SANE applications.  Some devices   *
>> * may be damaged by improper operation, so please do heed this *
>> * advice.                                                      *

Hope this helps,