[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 700F with genesys, impossible to scan with higher resolution than 1200 DPI

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Fri Jan 15 19:46:06 UTC 2016

On 14/01/2016 08:51, Jan Beranek wrote:
> Hello,
> so I tried to be very patient, the scanner was running over night, like 8 hours.
>
> So far nothing, scanner did some sound only in the beginning, later
> nothing. I already had to disconnect the scanner, I will try it again
> over this night - but honestly, how long this calibration take? It is
> really more than 8 hours?
>
> (I've not taken debug.log as this would be too huge)
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Jan.

     Hello,

     it is a matter of minutes not hours. Something isn't going right.
Could you send the debug log a small gray scan with the following commands:
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL847=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL124=255
scanimage -d genesys --clear-calibration --width 50.0 --height 50.0
--mode Gray --resolution 2400  2>scan.log >scan.pnm

Regards,
     Stef