[sane-devel] Canon 9000f MKII -- or other comparable scanner?

Samuel Harmer samuelharmer at me.com
Mon Jul 18 15:57:48 UTC 2016

Hi James,

I own a 9000f MkII and have had great success. I had a few hiccups getting it going on Raspbian but on Ubuntu on an Intel x86 CPU and ArchLinuxARM it's worked flawlessly, including with scanbd.

I've had very good results at 600dpi with 16bit colour scans using the scanimage frontend and python-sane.

I've not done anything with the slide attachment but based on the build quality of the rest of the scanner I would guess it works OK. I have no film to scan to test that theory though.

Hope that helps. Do let me know if you want anything more specific.

Best regards,
Sam