[sane-devel] [janitorial] Fedora 24 Clang GitLab CI builder (was Re: [janitorial] musl builder, PDF SANE Standard, __sane_unused__)

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Wed Jul 27 13:16:52 UTC 2016

Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

> Louis Lagendijk writes:
>
>> Fedora is using libusb-1 as well. according to
>> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/package-announce/2013-September/116459.html
>> this has been the case since at least 1.0.23/ Fedora 18 i 2013
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> BTW, I have been thinking of adding a Fedora based builder using clang
> and use its scan-build static analyser so that everyone can see how
> good/bad the code is after all the warnings are gone :-)
>
> Interested in helping out with the Dockerfile?

Never mind ;-)

I've just pushed a Dockerfile and the corresponding image to GitLab.
See

  https://gitlab.com/sane-project/ci-envs

for details.

A builder has been added to the sane-backends/.gitlab-ci.yml file in
1859803 and the build results should be up shortly after the next
mirror sync of the GitLab repository with Alioth.  See

  https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/pipelines

and links therein for the latest build pipeline results.

For pretty pictures of the (dumbed-down) build results, see

  https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/graphs/master/ci

The picture for the Fedora 24 builds, either with Clang (3.8) or GCC
(6.1), are *not* pretty, though.  Scores upon scores of new warnings.
It doesn't really seem to matter much with compiler is used.

Running make under scan-build is pretty slow (on my machine at least)
and doesn't seem to be particularly productive right now.  At first
sight, a good deal of the results appear to be due to the compiler
warnings.

Hope this helps,