[sane-devel] Canon Lide scanners stopped working in Ubuntu 16.04

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Fri Jun 24 03:25:08 UTC 2016

On 23/06/2016 15:39, Dmitry B wrote:
> Hi, Allan. I am afraid I won't be able do that in the next month. Another
> problem is that a working setup with Lide 110/220 is a remote setup, and I
> cannot debug it directly. Who can help us with debugging and fixing the
> issue? Possibly we may try to send Lide 110/220 to a SANE developer to help
> him to debug and fix the issue.

Hello,

could you get debug log first ? Reproduce your problem with 'scanimage',
and run it after raising debug level with:
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL124=255
scanimage -d genesys --resolution 75 --preview --mode Color 2>debug.log
 >debug.pnm

then send us the debug.log file (compressed due to file size limits on
the list).

Regards,
     Stef