[sane-devel] Canon Lide scanners stopped working in Ubuntu 16.04

Dmitry B linuxsquirrel.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 18:45:45 UTC 2016

Hi.

scanimage succeeded. The scanned image is OK. After running scanimage I
opened XSane. It succeeded for the first time, but the second attempt gave
me "Device I/O error". scanimage log and XSane log are attached. My app
linked against libsane produces the same behavior as XSane. I use the
latest libsane version available at
https://launchpad.net/~rolfbensch/+archive/ubuntu/sane-git
<https://launchpad.net/%7Erolfbensch/+archive/ubuntu/sane-git>
(1.0.26-git20160622-xenial0)

Error found in the XSane log:

[genesys_low] sanei_genesys_wait_for_home: failed to reach park position 30s
[genesys] genesys_start_scan: failed to wait for head to park: Error during
device I/O
[genesys] sane_genesys_start: Error during device I/O
[genesys] sane_genesys_cancel start