[sane-devel] Scanner Lide 210 working with old and bleeding edge distro, but not with current stable distro

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Mar 3 16:00:21 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Mar 3 15:58 Sebastian Weber wrote (excerpt):
> By "clean" installation I meant I installed Leap42
> on an empty disk, using the official NET-installer ISO,
> and without touching the repositories.

It might even be an update of an openSUSE RPM that
makes your scanner no longer work.

When you installed from the ISO the RPMs there are probably
not the newest openSUSE updated RPMs but the RPMs from
the time when openSUSE Leap 42.1 was initially released.

Perhaps later you got the openSUSE update RPMs
and that may have made your scanner no longer work.

Suspicious could be the kernel because canges in recent
kernels had caused some issues regarding USB scanner
communication in sane-backends - but I am not at all
a sufficient USB expert to know the details here.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)