[sane-devel] CanonScan 5600 F

Sab sab1703 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 5 12:29:54 UTC 2016

Hi !

OS: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Scanner : CanonSan 5600F

When I ask the terminal if the scaner is recognized (commande :
sane-find-scanner) I receive the following message :

        # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
           # result is different from what you expected, first make sure
        your
           # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

           # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something
        different, make sure that
           # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

        found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x1906
        [CanoScan], chip=GL847) at libusb:001:002
           # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not
        be supported by

           # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

           # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other
        proprietary ports
           # can't be detected by this program.

           # You may want to run this program as root to find all
        devices. Once you
           # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access
        permissions as
           # necessary.

I used the informations of the following page :
https://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/scanner_usb_non_reconnu#installer_les_librairies_supplementaires

I've noticed that the */etc/sane.d/canon.conf *existed but there was
nothing in. I put them the information of the page with epson (I didn't
forget to change epson by canon and GT 6500 by CanonScan 5600F). The
sane-pygtk recognise now the scaner.
I wanted to do the change in */etc/sane.d/dll.conf* but this file
doesn't exist :-( . Where can I download it ?

When I try scaning an image via Terminal I receive this following message :

        [genesys] WARNING: Your scanner is not fully supported or at least
        [genesys]          had only limited testing. Please be careful and
        [genesys]          report any failure/success to
        [genesys]          sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org. Please
        provide as many
        [genesys]          details as possible, e.g. the exact name of your
        [genesys]          scanner and what does (not) work.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Sab