[sane-devel] SANE with Canon Canoscan N670U on Mac OS X El Capitan

Vincent Villard product at vincentv.net
Wed May 4 09:17:06 UTC 2016

*** I've sent this message once yesterday, but as I had not subscribe yet, I received a message that it would not go through  ***

Hello there !

I've just moved to El Capitan and wanted to use my N670U scanner.

This scanner is a USB powered scanner (no power supply)
It works well with the app "View Scan"
It is on your "supported list", it has the status "COMPLETE" using Backend "plustek"

I've installed the following (in order), from Mattias Ellert webpage :
	- libusb 0.1.13beta
	- SANE backend 1.0.25
	- SANE Preference Pane 1.5
	- TWAIN SANE Interface 3.5

In the SANE pref panes, I could set up the plustek.conf file with :
	[usb] 0x04a9 0x220d
	device 003:002-04a9-220d-ff-00

After a restart of my MacBook, the command "sane-find-scanner" in the Terminal returns :
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x220d [CanoScan], chip=LM9832/3) at libusb:003:002-04a9-220d-ff-00

and the command "scanimage -L" returns :
device `plustek:libusb:003:002-04a9-220d-ff-00' is a Canon CanoScan N670U/N676U/LiDE20 flatbed scanner

I'm a Mac user since 1986, but not a programmer ! (sorry !!)
According to what I've understood, I should now be able to add my scanner in the Print/Scan list on the Mac Os X pref pane, but I don't see it...

If I do the test command "scanimage > test.pnm"  (as suggested on Mattias Ellert's FAQ), it returns :
scanimage: no SANE devices found

and the "debug" command "SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=255 scanimage > test.pnm 2> log.txt"  (also suggested on Mattias FAQ) returns the attached LOG file.

So... I would be very happy if you could help me !!!

Thanks in advance and have a nice day !

Vince

PS : totally ready to make a donation  !!!