[sane-devel] A Cooperation Message from Plustek Inc.

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 11:29:26 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Yury Tarasievich
<yury.tarasievich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/11/16 14:37, m. allan noah wrote:
>>
>> Jenson- The SANE project certainly could accept your code for
>> inclusion into our repository, if a few conditions are met. Namely:
>>
>> 1. The code must be completely open and suitable for use with our
>> license. No binary or precompiled code, other than possible firmware
>> uploads.

> Isn't requiring anything beyond the point 1 a teensy bit over-reaching?

Perhaps you are right. In order to include the source in
sane-backends, it certainly must meet points 1,2,3 and 5. If Plustek
Inc is only able to comply with #1, some other developer will have to
perform the other steps, and hopefully point #4 as well. But we have
to be realistic about finding someone like that.

allan
of my hand"