[sane-devel] [Scanbd] Set up for Canon PIXMA multifunction scanner - no button response

matt clark liquefry at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 05:04:05 UTC 2016

More testing - checking permissions to the scanner:

[matt at localhost sane.d]$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 04a9:174b Canon, Inc.  (plus others)
[matt at localhost sane.d]$ ls -l /dev/bus/usb/002/005
crw-rw-r-- 1 root lp 189, 132 Oct 25 15:47 /dev/bus/usb/002/005

It looks like root and group "lp" have read write access to the
scanner.  So I added both me and the "saned" user is in the lp group.
But I still can't get scanimage -L to pick up the USB connection
without sudo access.

Don't know if this is useful extra info or not!