[sane-devel] [Janitorial] Zero(!) compiler warnings

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Sep 21 14:13:01 UTC 2016

Hello Olaf,

On Sep 21 22:12 Olaf Meeuwissen wrote (excerpt):
> About a year ago, I set out trying to get rid of *all*
> compiler warnings on a "well-defined" build platform.
> I'm happy to report that we've made it!

Awesome!

I appreciate very much your continuous persistent work
to get the code clean.

> ... the debian-8-full build[2], is free of compiler warnings!
> [2] https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/builds/4218963

What a boring build log it is now ;-)

Now the crucial question:

How to keep the code clean for the future?

Could there be automated builds with automated tests
that reject code changes that introduce warnings?

> Hope this helps,

Yes, your work helps so much!

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)