[sane-devel] Canon Scanner P-208 II

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 11:25:51 UTC 2016

The canon_dr sane backend already has a deskew option. It is a
software implementation, as only the most expensive Canon machines
have hardware deskew.

I might be able to borrow from the canon driver, if it has a
compatible license with sane, and the source is truly included. Do you
have a link?

In the meantime, the brightness and contrast controls provided by the
backend might help.

allan

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 3:53 AM, Thomas Geier <ziggystar at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think this is the known state for this scanner, which are the same as for
> the P-208 (without II). There is a Sane driver that can be downloaded from
> Canon with sources included. Apparently it was built against a very old
> version of sane, and I was not able to compile it. Maybe the missing parts
> (e.g. for color calibration and deskew) can be taken from this code?
>
> Best,
>
> Thomas
>

> On 21.09.2016 22:56, Oliver Jan Krylow wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> Currently on the supported devices page the device "P-208II | USB |
> 0x1083/0x165f" is listed as "Untested".
>
> I'd like to announce a my test results for that device.
>
> Frontend :Simple Scan 3.20.0 under Fedora 24
> Backend : canon_dr:libusb
> Sane version: 1.0.25
> Manufacturer: Canon
> Device: P-208II
>
> What works
> --------------
>
> * All resolutions as specified in specifications
> * Simplex and Duplex ("Scan multiple images" in frontend needs to be used)
> * Staple Scans
>
> What does not work
> --------------------------
>
> * Everything "CaptureOnTouch"-related
> * "Auto Start" switch on the device has to be set to "OFF", otherwise the
> device will not be found
> * Automatic de-skew
> * White page ignore on staple scan
> * Poor colour calibration
> * See sample : https://box.bugabinga.net/cloud/index.php/s/HZKAgFbsQd4Ix08
> * See (manually) colour corrected sample to get an idea as to what was
> roughly expected:
> https://box.bugabinga.net/cloud/index.php/s/JxAbh2Md2stwfPG
>

> Thank you for your efforts and let me know if there is more for me to test,
>
> O.

of my hand"