[sane-devel] Untested-CanonPIXMA-MG3600

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Tue Sep 27 12:16:10 UTC 2016

Mirko Paganoni writes:

> Hello, I like to inform that this Scanner, marked as "Untested" actually
> does not work via USB on my Ubuntu laptop.
> I consider to write a backend

Before you do that, get in touch with Rolf Bensch (cc'd) as he is the
one that added the USB ID for your scanner to the pixma_mp150 backend.

It might be that most of the stuff is there already but that the backend
just needs a few tweaks.  Some debug logs may be all that is needed to
help get things going, then again, maybe not.

Hope this helps,