[sane-devel] SCSI-scanner & scanbuttond ...

Wilhelm Meier wilhelm.wm.meier at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 16 09:50:28 UTC 2017

Am 16.04.2017 um 09:27 schrieb Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza:
> Dear listmembers,
> prior to actually start playing around: can scanbuttond work with a SCSI -
> scanner? I know, it is oldfashioned, but I like it this way :-)
> I am using an HP ScanJet 6300 C via its SCSI-interface. It has 5 buttons at
> the front side.

Looking into the list of supported devices of libsane, you'll find that
the HP 6300C has complete support.

Looking into the sources of scanbuttond I don't see any support.

So, scanbd with libsane will do the trick if querying the button-options
is implemented in the backend for the HP6300C ...

Just make a test ...