[sane-devel] Xsane does not work any more with Lide 200 and Lide220 at Ubuntu16.04LTS

erwin.hug at gmx.de erwin.hug at gmx.de
Wed Apr 19 16:12:08 UTC 2017

Hello,

since update from Ubuntu 14.04LTS to Ubuntu 16.04LTS the XSane does not
work anymore with any of these two scanners.
In the old distritution there was XSane 0.98 installed.
In 16.04 the new Versoion of 0.999  is installed.

Xsane starts and finds both scanners with the right name.
By starting scanning there is an error:
Lide220: I/O error with a short noise on the scanning Bar. Scanner is
not mechanically locked.
     "Konnte Scanner nicht starten während Geräte I/O"

Lide200: was working properly before, but does not make any noise. Now
with error message -> "Konnte Scanner nicht starten während Geräte I/O".

I need some help what could be the reason why it does not work any more
and how I can fix the problem.

With greetings

Erwin Hug