[sane-devel] scanbd ... next steps / questions ...

Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Sat Apr 22 17:02:57 UTC 2017

Dear listmembers,
probably these questions have readily been asked over and over again, then my
apologies:

1.) /etc/scanbd/scripts
which scripts does this refer to? There are some scripts in /etc/scanbd, those
like "scanadf.script" and "test.script" (I am using a spec - file for opensuse
some other person had had generated)? If I look into /etc/scanbd/scanbd.conf
they ought to reside within /etc/scanbd/scripts, is that correct? Is there a
configure - option that would print out all directories in use (or, even
better, put this summarizing into config.log like several other packages do /
emacs is a nice example in this regard ...)?
2.) /usr/lib64/scanbd/scanbuttond/backends, is this the directory I should
copy /etc/saned/dll.conf to as well as all the other files from /etc/saned
that are uncommented within *this* dll.conf (except net.conf) in contrast to
/etc/saned/dll.conf that ought to contain no reference but "net"? Is this what
is menat with "backends"?
3.) SCANBD_DEVICE could be /dev/scanner (if I have such a device?)
4.) SCANBD_ACTION - I do not really understand what is about this.

>From within the "README.txt in the source-directory I did not really
understand what is meant with the variables - would it be too much to simply
ask for an example that would shed some light on the do's and don'ts of the
configuration if the "regular" scanner would be say "hp" and the corresponding
device would be "/dev/scanner"?

I am trying to set up a spec - file for a rpm - package, but as of now there
is too much understanding missing on my side to get that tracked down in such
a way that I can be satisfied with the results ....

Thank you very much,
regards

Dieter Jurzitza