[sane-devel] Need Help getting Canon ImageClass MF244dw working

Curtis Graham jcg.computertech at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 13:53:38 UTC 2017

I do agree that only installing the one file libjpeg8 would make more
sense, but then again I don't know what problems that may cause and I would
be the only one trying to figure it out. At least the other way, there are
many people smarter than me working on "testing" and I would have more of a
resource for help.

Below taken from Debian Testing Wiki

How Debian Testing Works

Packages from Debian Unstable enter the next-stable testing distribution
automatically, when a list of requirements is fulfilled:

The package has been in "unstable" at least for 2-10 days (depending on the
urgency of the upload).
The package has been built for all the architectures which the present
version in testing was built for.
Installing the package into testing will not make the distribution more
uninstallable.
The package does not introduce new release critical bugs.