[sane-devel] Epson XP-342, XP-247 ?

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Wed Aug 30 10:51:56 UTC 2017

Hi,

kamp000x at arcor.de writes:

> I miss the list of models / series of printers:
> Epson Expression Home XP-342 and  XP-247.
>
> http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html

That only lists the devices supported by the last release.  For the
bleeding edge status see

  http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-mfgs-cvs.html

and for devices supported by third party backends see

  http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-backends-external.html

> Is there hope for future support for the devices?

The XP-247 was added recently as supported by the epson2 backend.  If
you have a USB product ID for the XP-342, that'd be helpful in divining
whether it is or can be supported by one of the EPSON related backends.
The output of

  lsusb | grep 04b8:

when your all-in-one is connected to a Linux system and powered on would
do just fine.

Hope this helps,