[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 220

Torsten Mohr tmohr at s.netic.de
Sun Jan 8 15:44:26 UTC 2017

Hello,

I bought the Canon LiDE 220, it is documented that it is fully supported by
the genesys backend:

http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-CANON

All the following steps I did as root to get around access right problems.

lsusb gives me VID / PID as 0x04A9 / 0x190F,
so i added one line to /etc/sane.d/genesys.conf:

usb 0x04a9 0x190f

sane-find-scanner gives me (full output):
  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure
that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x1b1c [Corsair Components, Inc.], product=0x0c02
[H80iGT Cooler]) at libusb:001:002
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x190f [CanoScan],
chip=GL848+) at libusb:001:006
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported
by

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.

So the scanner is found.

But scanimage -L gives me:

I use OpenSuse 42.2, the installed versions are (only the relevant lines):
rpm -qa | grep sane

xsane-0.998-26.5.x86_64
sane-backends-1.0.24-4.40.x86_64
sane-backends-32bit-1.0.24-4.40.x86_64
sane-backends-autoconfig-1.0.24-4.40.x86_64

I wonder what I need to do to get the LiDE 220 working.

Thanks for any hints,
Torsten