[sane-devel] SANE Perl bindings Image::Sane released

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Sat Jul 1 15:54:06 UTC 2017

I have written new Perl bindings for the SANE API. Please find them at:

https://metacpan.org/pod/Image::Sane

These Perl bindings for the SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) Project allow
you to access SANE-compatible scanners in a Perlish and object-oriented
way, freeing you from the casting and memory management in C, yet
remaining very close in spirit to original API.

They are based on, and almost identical to, my original bindings:

https://metacpan.org/pod/Sane

which the CPAN administrators have been asking me to rename for
literally years. I updated the Perl API (for error handling) at the same
time, but Image::Sane is otherwise almost identical to Sane.

Regard

Jeff