[sane-devel] Problems Connecting to scanner over network

Anunay Jain anunay.j1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 15:31:31 UTC 2017

I  cannot access my scanner (which is detected locally but not) over network
The ports are open and sane-ports is listening.
I have already done all the configs needed. and consulted them with several
tutorials online.
My sane client (which is on Windows ) i.e. SwingSane connects to ip but
does not detect my scanner,
While locally the scanner detect as a device.(and works)

scanimage -L

> `hpaio:/usb/HP_LaserJet_M1005?serial=KJ314YS' is a Hewlett-Packard
> HP_LaserJet_M1005 all-in-one device
> `hpljm1005:libusb:001:006' is a Hewlett-Packard LaserJet M1005
> multi-function peripheral

I have also tried multiple clients but all give same problems.

Host SANE version: scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.24; backend version 1.0.24
Host OS: Raspbian OS 4.4.50 (Debian 8.0)
Client: Windows 10, SwingSane