[sane-devel] sane-backend 1.0.27 USB broken on Mac with Homebrew

schmo-fu schmo-fu at feinfug.org
Wed Jul 26 03:38:20 UTC 2017

Hi Olaf,

sorry for the long wait, but now i'm back at the machine with the scanner.

Am 24.07.17 um 14:09 schrieb Olaf Meeuwissen:

> Try --with-usb=yes.  That really *should* bomb.

I put '--with-usb=yes' into the formula, but that didn't stop the
compilation. You find the log here:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/5ea27bd1a4c1f0baffebffe7aec0caf3

> From the config.log I see that there's probably a libusb-compat
> installed somewhere.  I'd suggest to get rid of that (as far as SANE is
> concerned) because libusb-1.x should be okay.
>
> From that same file, I also gather there should be libusb*.pc files (or
> similar) in
>
>   /usr/local/opt/libusb/lib/pkgconfig
>
> and
>
>   /usr/local/opt/libusb-compat/lib/pkgconfig
>
> Curious about what those have to say about libusb because, AFAIU, the
> configure script should be looking at those before it decides there's
> no USB support.

i copied the contents of the two pc-files to this pad:
https://codicill.us/pad/p/gist

Then i force uninstalled libusb-compat.
That stopped sane-find-scanner from working (See error-message at the
end of the pad). So this looks more like sane-find-scanner is actually
build with usb-support?

So i reinstalled (build-from-source) sane-backends (after deactivating
the dependency for libusb-compat) and it bombed (of course).
Logs from that: https://gist.github.com/dfbe878620c1ae20f1bcbda44dbe37e3

So i reinstalled libusb-compat and now i'm back to where i started.

Greetings,
Thomas.S