[sane-devel] sane-backend 1.0.27 USB broken on Mac with Homebrew

schmo-fu schmo-fu at feinfug.org
Thu Jul 27 19:38:59 UTC 2017

Hi Tom,

you would have to install homebrew (see https://brew.sh/)

After that you simply type "brew install sane-backends" this will
install a binary (called bottle). The binaries are installed to
/usr/local/Cellar/... and symlinked /usr/local/bin/

To compile your own brew (after changing something in the formula for
example) you would enter "brew install --build-from-source sane-backends".

The formula is a ruby-file found at:
/usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Taps/homebrew/homebrew-core/Formula/sane-backends.rb

You probably know how to test whether it finds any scanners, but anyway:
you use "sane-find-scanner -v" and "scanimage -L".

Gruß,
Thomas.S
(aka schmo-fu)