[sane-devel] Adding a scanner backend (genesys) does not work

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 15:27:11 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Chris Mailer <chris.newsmail at gmail.com> wrote:
> I´m currently trying to get a newer usb-scanner to work, which is,
> according the documentation, "to be added to genesys backend"
> (whatever that means).

It means your scanner is not supported, but the genesys backend is the
best place to add support. Unfortunately, just adding the ID to the
config file is not enough, code would also need to be written.
Unfortunately, the genesys backend is effectively unmaintained. So,
unless you are able to reverse engineer the protocol and add your own
support, you might want to get a different scanner.

allan
of my hand"