[sane-devel] xsane - save standard scan format

Herr Oswald herr_oswald at gmx.de
Thu Jun 22 07:01:42 UTC 2017

Original question:

Can I save the scan size in which is displayed in xsane's preview
window? - In my setup it always switches back to "full size", i'd
rather have "A4 portrait", because I use this in 99% of all cases.

> Since nobody else has chimed in here, I would move your $HOME/.sane
> folder to
> $HOME/.sane-20170609 and let xsane recreate it's configuration
> file.  Usually
> the first thing I do when applications start behaving strangely.
>
> eg.
>
> $ mv $HOME/.sane $HOME/.sane-20170609
>
> When things like this go astray, simply backup your configuration
> file and
> start with a new one.  Rarely needs to be done on Linux, but
> sometimes
> inevitable.

I tried. But xsane's behaviour remained. So this may be the correct
standard behaviour? - "Always forget the last setting of scan size" ?

Cheers,