[sane-devel] ScanSnap S1100 on Linux Mint

Crusader crusader222 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 23:46:14 UTC 2017

Thank you for the response, Allan.

The following are Terminal outputs based on commands you suggested:

1. scanimage -L wont scan, by definition it just lists the available
scanners.
a at a-UL80VT ~ $ scanimage -L
device `epjitsu:libusb:002:004' is a FUJITSU ScanSnap S1100 scanner

*As you stated.*

2. run 'scanimage > test.pnm' and see if you get an image called
test.pnm in the current directory.
a at a-UL80VT ~ $ scanimage > test.pnm
scanimage: sane_start: Out of memory

*No other output - image or otherwise.*

3. run 'SANE_DEBUG_EPJITSU=5 scanimage -L' and send the output text to
this list- I want to see what version of sane you are running.
a at a-UL80VT ~ $ SANE_DEBUG_EPJITSU=5 scanimage -L
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of epjitsu to 5.
[epjitsu] sane_init: epjitsu backend 1.0.20, from sane-backends 1.0.23
[epjitsu] load_fw: firmware already loaded?
device `epjitsu:libusb:002:004' is a FUJITSU ScanSnap S1100 scanner

Your support is greatly appreciated!