[sane-devel] Is it time of a new release?

Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca luizluca at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 21:29:34 UTC 2017

Hi,

We already have more than 500 commits since 1.0.25. As a downstream
maintainer (openwrt/lede), I get lost between those tons of patches
and how to select them to be backported.

Shouldn't sane-backend release a new version?

Also, It would be really nice if SANE could keep a stable branch. It would
be, at least, a place to target cherry-picks.

Maybe it could change its version number to something like other projects
do as:

x.y.0 - feature release x.y
x.y.n - fix release n

It would be better if x.y is year/month. At least there is no discussion on
whether the new release is big enough to tic the first number.

Regards,
--

Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca
luizluca at gmail.com