[sane-devel] Newly installed cable modem caused loss of wifi scanner connection

guy guy.damico at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 01:48:32 UTC 2017

I'm trying to help a neighbor, I have basic user level knowledge of
Linux, he doesn't have any.
I installed Linux Mint 17 on his Dell Laptop and successfully installed
his wireless HP Deskjet 3520 Printer/scanner. The scanner has worked
well for about 4 months.  The other day his cable provider installed a
new router, I was able using CUPS to install his printer but Simple Scan
and Xsane do not see the scanner.  I assumed its do to a change of IP
address.  However, I cannot find any facility for checking the IP
configuration setting.

I look forward to any suggestions in resolving this lack of connectivity.