[sane-devel] Newly installed cable modem caused loss of wifi scanner connection

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 14:19:57 UTC 2017

Knowing the linux ways, you'll have to fiddle in
the network configuration part.
Basicly, the wifi configuration is doable in
three steps (all from command line):

ifconfig wlan0 up
iwconfig wlan0 essid 'name_of_your_wifi_network'
dhclient wlan0

In modern and oh-so-helpful distros, once you've
went throught the motions of installing the
system, the tools for CHANGING the network setup
(say, wifi access parameters) stay virtually
hidden away under the layers of GUI tools.