[sane-devel] CanoScan 9000F not recognized on Lubuntu

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 23:53:06 UTC 2017

If you do not use any network scanners or any other scanners besides the Canon
9000f, just enable the pixma driver provided by sane-backends package.

$ cat /etc/sane.d/dll.conf
pixma

media-gfx/sane-backends-1.0.25-r1
media-gfx/sane-frontends-1.0.14
media-gfx/xsane-0.999-r2

And of course, make sure you have the scanner turned on prior to starting
XSane.

If this all fails, try using another USB port.  Although I've yet to hear of
any USB problems with this canon scanner.

My bets are on, omitting the "pixma" driver within the dll.conf or less likely,
sane-backends version.  Or maybe sane-backends is not even installed.
sane-frontends provides some additional GUI frontends including the Gimp
scanning plugin.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/