[sane-devel] Canon Pixma MG3650 not supported

Jonatan Hatakeyama Zeidler jonatan_zeidler at gmx.de
Mon May 15 17:44:46 UTC 2017

Hi there,

on your list of supported devices there is the Canon PIXMA MG3600
Series. Does that mean the Pixma MG3650 should be supported as well?
Because it is not. The Pixma MG3650 is a 2in1 device (printer and scanner).

Last year there was a scangear driver by Canon exactly for the PIXMA
MG3650. It seems they removed it from there website. But you still find
a driver for MG3670 that works well with the MG3650. It is possible to
download its source code (I can't attach it here).

I have attached the ouput of sane-find-scanner which has found the
Scanner. But scanimage -L tells me that no device was found. I can't
show the ouput of /cat /proc/bus/usb/devices/ because /proc/bus/usb does
not exist.

Is there any more information or test I should provide? I am willing to
adapt or write a driver for the MG3650 if possible (I know a little bit
of C).

Thanks and regards,
jonius