[sane-devel] Motor movement and then time-out with Canon LIDE120

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Wed May 17 11:11:27 UTC 2017

You are running an older version of sane-backends. Our development
snapshots are oddly named, but a recent one would be 1.0.26git. I
suspect your problem is fixed there. We have a release in a few days,
and it would be nice to verify. Perhaps you can upgrade in the
meantime? You might be able to use Rolf's PPA for this, per recent
posts on this list.

allan

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 11:40 PM, willismonroe at gmail.com
<willismonroe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I bought a Canon LIDE120 a few years ago and have been watching the
> development of the driver on the sane-devel list since then.  It seems to
> have quieted off recently, so I thought I'd give the scanner another shot in
> Linux.
>
> I'm running Ubuntu 17.04, here's the output of an attempt to scan:
>
> ➜  ~ scanimage -L
> device `genesys:libusb:003:006' is a Canon LiDE 120 flatbed scanner
> ➜  ~ scanimage --device 'genesys:libusb:003:006' --format=tiff > test.tiff
> scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument
> ➜  ~ scanimage --version
> scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.25git; backend version 1.0.25
>
> When the command to scan is sent, the motor makes a audible sound and then
> nothing happens and the command times-out.
>
> I know the LIDE120 is listed as supported on the website, and I seem to be
> running up to date drivers...
>
> Thanks,
> -Willis

of my hand"