[sane-devel] Hiring a SANE developer for custom backend

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue May 23 15:02:19 UTC 2017

You are in the right place.

Your paste indicates that this is a GL848 or later chipset. It could
be supported by the genesys sane backend, which is basically
unmaintained currently. However, you might get lucky and be able to
entice the former maintainer/author to come out of retirement
<stef.dev at free.fr>. If not, he has left some documentation at:
https://github.com/stefdev49/syseneg . Hopefully that will enable
someone on this list to take you up on your offer. If it is similar
enough to an existing scanner, support may be simple.

allan

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Brandon Anderson
<brandon753.ba at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> I hope this is the correct area to post, I am looking for estimates in
> cost for developing a SANE backend to support the Ambir ImageScan Pro
> 687ix Card and ID scanner. If developers are interested I can provide
> information about the scanner, and remote access to a machine with shell
> access to evaluate cost and time estimate. We will be able to ship the
> scanner to the developer if needed should the job be accepted. I am
> attaching the output of `sudo sane-find-scanner -v -v` let me know if
> you need anything else. I am also available on the #sane channel on
> freenode under the nick "Brando753" if you want to message me there.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Brandon Anderson
>
> Output of sane-find-scanner https://pastebin.com/2SPGZL2s

of my hand"