[sane-devel] Iscan and Ubuntu 17.10/18.04 fixed

staedtler-przyborski staedtler-przyborski at web.de
Tue Nov 21 16:12:09 UTC 2017

Am 19.11.2017 um 09:14 schrieb Olaf Meeuwissen:

> I read through the bug report you mentioned below and think the whole
> thing sucks.  Ubuntu has made a *huge* judgement error pulling an
> *experimental* package for their upcoming release just to get a newer
> version of the SANE backends upstream.  A lot of scanners supported by
> third party scanner break for no good reason.
Reverting this decision would definitely be the best solution.

But who knows (I'm not affiliated to ubuntu in any way, I'm only using
it). In that case it's good to have workarounds to overcome the limitations.

Thanks to another user we got now Brother brscan4 based scanners working
too (by using an unconventional approach) with relevant scanning apps
(Xsane, scanimage, simple-scan, scantopdf)and as user.

Summary of all workarounds:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sane-backends/+bug/1728012/comments/76

Regards

Klaus Staedtler