[sane-devel] Xerox WorkCentre 6515 support

Michael Eager eager at eagerm.com
Tue Oct 3 18:28:25 UTC 2017

I wondered if there was SANE support for the Xerox WC 6515 MFC scanner, or if it could be added.  It
appears that the Xerox Phaser 6110MFP is supported and my guess is that the two are similar.  (The
driver DVD with the 6515 also contains support for the 6110.)

The 6515 is connected using USB and lsusb gives the following:
   ID 0924:42e1 Xerox

I have downloaded the sane-backend SRPM (from Fedora 25), added an entry for the 6515 to
xerox_mfp.conf.in, and rebuilt the SRPM.  After installing the RPM, when I try to run "scanimage -L"
the scanner is not recognized.  Running with SANE_DEBUG_DLL=5, the xerox_mfp lib is loaded.  I don't
see any debug messages from the xerox_mfp or xerox_mpf_usb routines.

Any suggestions?

Michael Eager	 eager at eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077