[sane-devel] Broken ADF-support in pixma-backend: devs needed

Jörn-Ingo Weigert jiweigert at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 22:06:33 UTC 2017

Hello list!

Since the changes between 1.0.25 to recent 1.0.27 version of Sane it turns
out, that the ADF support for most (if not all) Canon pixma models like
Maxify AIO printers are broken.

Rolf Bensch, maintainer for the pixma-backend, told me that he is too much
involved in other projects, so there is less time to get involved into the
ADF issue and also, he have less experience in this topic.

So I'm looking for an developer here who can help on fixing the ADF.

As it turns out, the use of ADF end in a (silent) segfault when using a
graphic frontend. In result, Simple scan / XSane try to scan but after a
short time the scan progress get cancelled. The ADF does not react in any
way, neither try to move the document nor moving the scan line to the ADF
scan position.

Since this is a long standing behaviour, it would be great, when someone
take a heart and want to dive in to fix it.

Kind regards,

Jörn-Ingo Weigert