[sane-devel] Sane_debug not available and front buttons for i1220 not shown in scanimage -A

fm8758ye fm8758ye at 126.com
Wed Sep 6 10:03:19 UTC 2017

Thank you, and I have contacted Kodak last month but have received no response from them. In the likely case my request is ignored, it is possible for me to sniff packets on windows or linux and add support to the backend myself (I will look for a driver programmer for help)?

Fan

在2017年08月22 21时02分, "m. allan noah"<kitno455 at gmail.com>写道:

The .conf file is not the backend, it is just configuration. The real
code is a compiled library, usually installed somewhere in /usr/lib...

The sane standard does not require that backends expose button options
to the frontend. So, the kvs_i1200 backend can be sane compliant, but
not support scanbd. You will need to get kodak to modify the backend
to add options which expose buttons.

This is one of the biggest dangers of closed-source software. Only a
small number of people at one company can help you. And, their
motivation to do so is questionable since it likely won't add
significantly to their sales.

allan

of my hand"